It's not too late to subscribe.
See A Chorus Line, The Tale of the Allergist's Wife, on Golden Pond,
and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
for only $129. Click here.
MadKap Productions at the Skokie Theatre seeks experienced stage managers for its 2023-2024 Season. The responsibilities of the stage manager include:
• Schedule and attend all production meetings.
• Attend and assist with auditions and callbacks.
• Schedule and attend all production activity during tech week.
• Attend all rehearsals.
• Take cast attendance during tech week rehearsals and performances. Contact absent cast members.
• Maintain an accurate prompt book, which includes all blocking, cues, and notes for the performance of the show.
• Distribute and explain job descriptions and scene changes to stage crew members if necessary.
• Supervise the props master and all technical crew members.
• Maintain a first aid kit and a stage manager's kit including items needed for quick repairs and flashlights if needed for crewmembers.
• Conduct a safety talk during tech week, giving a tour of the backstage area and explaining operating regulations for all cast and crewmembers.
• Require fight calls at each performance if appropriate.
• Obtain set plan from set designer and assist technical staff in laying out ground plan on stage or rehearsal space.
• Sweep the stage before each performance and complete a pre-show checklist.
• During the run of the production, check in all cast & crew members by 60 minutes before each performance, and call absentees if necessary
• Make ‘calls’ to the dressing rooms at “30 minutes” , “15 minutes”, “10 minutes”, “5 minutes”, and “places.
• The theatre must open 30 minutes in advance of curtain.
• Wait for go- ahead signal from the house manager before starting the performance and for starting Act II
• Operate light boards for the performance of the show and monitor spot light/backstage crew – etc.
• Take charge of the backstage area including managing cast and crew and their safety for the run of the show.
• Coordinate and attend strike. You are the last to leave.
Transportation preferred – we have a parking lot at the theatre.
Please send email stating interest and resume to: email@example.com.
All sales are final. We will gladly exchange your tickets for an event to another date and time.
Copyright 2020 Skokie Theatre, 7924 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077 847-677-7761